cheap reticulatas?

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

Van Engelen Inc. is a wholesale Dutch bulb dealer with which some of you
might already be familiar.  They have great prices on bulbs, provided you
can buy in significant quantities.  Perhaps each of us might not want 100
Iris reticulata, but could use perhaps 25.  How about the idea of pooling
resources for an order?

Here are the available varieties and the prices.  Your price for 25 in a
pooled order would be 1/4 the 100 price, plus a share of the shipping.

I. bucharica, 10/8.25, 50/35.00, 100/65.00 (if you bought 10 in a pooled
order, 							that would be 7.00
+ shipping, rather than 8.25 + shipping.  And so on--if we could order 100,
the price for 10 goes down to 6.50)
I. danfordiae  100/12.50
I. 'George' 100/12.50
I. 'Katherine Hodgkin' 5/7.50
I. 'Harmony' 100/12.50
I. 'Ida' 100/13.75
I. 'J. S. Dijt' 100/12.50
I. 'Joyce' 100/13.25
I. 'Natascha' 50/18.75
I. 'Pauline' 100/13.75
I. 'Pixie' 50/12.50
I. tuberosa (Hermodactylus tuberosus) 50/10.75
Reticulata mixture; 100/12.50

The listed prices are the minimum order, so we would need at least 100 (in
most cases) of a particular variety to be able to order it for anyone.

This is just an idea I am floating.  PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY ORDERS!

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
FAX (804)223-6374

Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.