Re: OT: Bio

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Sharon A. Ruck wrote:
> I have even found a local source for sharing irises, a Chiropractor in BC
> is willing to let me dig all the irises I want out of his HUGE beds at his
> office.  I figure September should be a good time for that up here.

I am certainly not an expert in your zones, but I would think that you would
want to transplant as soon as possible to allow them to establish good root
systems before the cold sets in. The other rule of thumb is wait 6-8 weeks
after bloom to let them build strength for next seasons bloom, but in your
short growth season the two "rules of thumb" may collide in the middle.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Your anytime, anywhere sports store. Fogdog Sports.