Re: Seed Production

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>From: "Ian E. & Shirley Efford" <avocet.intl@sympatico.ca>
>
>I have one large but not exciting I. spuria which has now produced well
>over a quarter of a pound of cleaned seed.  This plant is about two foot
>across at the base and four foot high, so it is not a monster.  As the
>plant is really not worth propogating extensively, I imagine that I will
>throw out the seed despite its impressive seed production.

Donate those to SIGNA!!

(But remember, you have to mail them in an envelope so it's easier for
Marty & Jan to sort them. Hahahaha!)

I harvested 26 seeds today from Iris versicolor "light blue" (a gift from
our very own Jim Wilson) x Iris virginica var shrevei "light blue"
(purchased from Foxbrook).  The pod of the reciprocal cross is still
maturing, but it looks like it will have about the same number of seeds.

The other pod I am waiting for is a selfed Marvell Gold.  It is still green
& healthy, but has been maturing for over 9 weeks now.  No sign of browning
or splitting open.  Hmph!

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

Your anytime, anywhere sports store. Fogdog Sports.