From: "Mark Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

     Welcome to this group.  I live in Florida, where Louisiana Irises do
great.  I have a few other beardless species, and am experimenting with the
     Until fall 1997, I lived in Lexington, KY.  There, I tried raising some
Pacificas from seed.  Three seeds germinated, but the squirrels got two of
the plants.  The one surviving plant lived two or three years, but was
killed by a brutal cold snap in April.
     There is a lady in Citrus County [next county south] trying them, but
it does not look hopeful.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.

Create a list for FRIENDS & FAMILY...
...and YOU can WIN $100 to Amazon.com.  For details, go to