Re: CULT: HYB: northern/cold weather hardines

  • Subject: Re: CULT: HYB: northern/cold weather hardines
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:07:19 -0400

I'll remove Tuscana Villa to semi-hardy list.  Same with Vibrations.

Garden Bride is a Austin hardy survivor.

As for early and very early bloomers, check out the Blyth iris. He
selects for early and VE, as the earlier bloomers don't get blasted by
heat during bloom season. I havn't heard of any of these doing well in
other climates.  Some of Summer Rebloomers that bloom early, have good
frost tolerence. These bloom acording to climate, not triggered by
length of  daylight.

I'll pass on these.

For Linda and myself, the following do well

Victoria Falls
Sultry Mood
Jessebs Song

I also have two very hardy that I would suspect are super hardy

Acoma and Eagle Control

Chuck Chapman