Re: Iris aphylla - easy clean up

  • Subject: Re: Iris aphylla - easy clean up
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 23:03:07 +0200

Yes Thomas,  there are more and more :

for example, and i think it is the best one, most of Jim and Vicki Craig's
irises have a lot of aphylla genes.

Paul Black's small flowered TBs also have some.

This is the direction i'm taking too, in order to get branching that starts
from low, more flowers, and a bit smaller, so they are more in proportion with
the plant.
Hardiness should also be in the picture, and if maintenance becomes easier,
great!

But the one that has to be thanked for bringing the aphylla genes in  is Be
Hager, he has done a tremendous work!

Clown Pants is growing fine, even if it's a diploide, will try to cross it
with as many tetra as i can, miracles happen..!

Loic
       Loic TASQUIER
       zone 7 - The Nederland
 Email : tasquierloic@cs.com