HYB: Immortality

  • Subject: HYB: Immortality
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:00:09 -0400

IMM is starting to look really <old> to me here. A good sign that the seedlings are leaving it behind in form & bloom habit. ;-)

But I'm still not quite ready to abandon it completely....with only an occasional cross giving me decent seedlings, I am only up to 3 keeper crosses (form etc plus fertility) - CSONG, AMITY ESTATE, SUNNYSIDE DELIGHT & I'd like a half dozen more....maybe this year.

Thought I'd share that with those of you who keep asking me why I'm still making crosses with it...

Still no rain & with all the heat and wind, very dry. Nothing seems fertile so far - late freezes plus wilting flowers with dry stigmatic surfaces.

Linda Mann