Re: TB: Bloom Stalks

Hi Pat

We're having the same problem for opposite reasons in our summer. January started off very cool and this seems to have induced early rebloom in Total Recall, Champagne Elegance and Marine Lustre. Now when they're in flower they're burning to a crisp because of a severe heatwave. Our rebloom periods are normally lateFeb/EarlyMarch, then May and sometimes in mid winter.

Colleen Modra

Adelaide Hills
South Australia

www.impressiveirises.com.au

Pat Norvell wrote:
Well, I was looking forward to bloom season, but not right now.   I just found four
stalks up on Firebeard.   There has been way too much yoyo weather here lately.
Last Wed. it was 22, yesterday 71, today 67.    How is a poor plant to know what
to do.   I don't see how these will get to bloom since our average freeze date is
March 15.                                    Bah humbug,
                                                    Pat in Dallas