OT: weather

  • Subject: OT: weather
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:17:11 -0500

Well, folks  --  Groundhog or no groundhog, the thousands of geese, ducks and
tundra swans that have spent the last several weeks on the river here packed
up and left about 5 days ago, so I think the mid-Atlantic region may be in for
some less-cold weather than usual.  Buds are very noticeable on flowering
trees, too.  Not that we couldn't get some freak snowstorms.  We've seen a lot
of those in February.  Jonquils, daffodils and tulips poking up, as usual.  A
sudden flock of blackbirds in the yard, too, vying with the squirrels for
tearing up my mulch.  Speaking of squirrels, I've relocated about 15 of the
little pests in the last 3 weeks, but the supply seems endless.  --  Griff