HYB: Seed Germination

Thanks everyone, for your warm welcome.

Yes, hybridizing anything seems to be more than a bit compulsive. Good Lord,
who but the compulsively obsessed would think its fun to look through bags of
hundereds of seeds nearly every day to see if any might have germinated! Glad
to be in good company! :)

I looked through the archives for information on germinating indoors. I saw
some posts with pictures but got a little confused because the pictures look
like my daylily seeds more than my iris seeds???

I have a couple of specific questions that maybe you all can shed some
knowledge on.

One is that the instructions I followed called for a two week period of daily
rinsing the seeds before stratifying them in the fridge. Is that rinsing
required for bearded or only with siberians?

I treated them all the same so my process was to harvest as soon as the pod
started to crack open (mostly Aug but some in Sept). I shelled the pods & put
the seeds into bits of stocking, then soaked them in a cup of water that was
changed daily for 2 weeks. The seeds were never allowed to dry.

Then I put the damp seeds into plastic bags and stored in the fridge. By the
end of Sept they were all in the fridge.

At New Years I took them out of the fridge & added a 10% mix of
peroxide:distilled water just as I do for daylily seed and put them in a
closet that is slightly above room temperature, changing the peroxide solution
every 3-5 days. The peroxide adds airation & in some seeds helps to stimulate
germination.

I had a few germinations (