Re: HYB: seed germination

  • Subject: Re: HYB: seed germination
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:26:31 -0800 (PST)

Linda,

I continue to have a steady number of active pods though nothing like
that one week.  My husband announced that he had fixed the refrigerator a
couple days after I potted up the last one.  I guess he thought the fridge was
a little warm that week.

Yes, I am still seeing the pattern you describe, a
few germinants to start the pod followed by a gap of about four calendar weeks
with no activity in that pod, followed by a bit of a spurt.   No pods have
"finished" either.

Still 5 pods that have not yet Germinated 1 (G1) out of
126.   If memory serves those pods are also just now showing the coffee
colored stain on the paper towel, which may be significant.

Come first of
March I'm going to have to cull soft seeds and see what I have left.  I may go
ahead and allow all seeds to come to room temp for a week or so, haven't
decided.  I'm in school now, so I may not want to actually germinate all my
seeds.  Plus, it might be fun to carry out the experiment.  I'll also have to
start lining out at that time.  Some of my older sprouts are holding on by a
thread, so I'll have to risk the frost.

Christian