From: iris DIGEST <iris-owner@hort.net>
To: iris-digest@hort.net
Sent: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:45 am
Subject: [iris] iris DIGEST V1 #754

iris DIGEST Friday, January 2 2009 Volume 01 : Number 754

Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 11:12:49 -0500
From: autmirislvr@aol.com
Subject: [iris] HYB:REB:Collective wisdom-1

I've decided to focus?on my red and black lines again this spring.? As most of us know, the red and black lines are rather difficult.? Add in cold region?rebloom, and the quest becomes even more elusive.??

After a lot of research, I added Regimen & Wearing Rubies to my list of hopefuls.? Maybe some others.?Will everything bloom?THIS spring???Probably not.? <grin>?

I'll also use Tara's Choice,?which came from one of my attempts to develop red rebloom.? When paired with a Ghio red, which I think to be Regimen, TC gave many seedlings with varying degrees of rebloom.?

Somehow, I've managed to mix the reds and blacks at times.? Blackout on my red seedling gave very smooth hafts and great branching.? This spring we will see what it does when mixed with Star Gate.?

What would you (anyone or everyone) use to create a strong (zones 5 & 6) rebloomer in red???or black?

In my opinion, we all benefit by pooling our knowledge.? Most of us have different interests within the genre, and it's rare that we make the same cross.? Even if we did, we all have such different selection processes that it's doubtful we'd introduce anything similar.?

Chuck, Robin and others, please feel free to tell me why this won't work!? Or which path I should take, if you choose.?

If taken in total context of rebloom for everyone, we are way behind Ben Hager's time line!

Betty Wilkerson . . . hope no one catches my new sore throat!? I tried not to cough while I was typing this!? <smile>? My least favorite holiday gift from the girls!?
Bridge In Time
Zone 6-KY