Miracle Gro report from PNW

  • Subject: Miracle Gro report from PNW
  • From: "Patti Ensor" <pensor@ritzcom.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 11:43:22 -0800

I use 1/4 strength Miracle Gro around (not on) my irises at about 6 weeks, about 4 weeks, and about 2 weeks prior to bloom season. For me, it has definitely increased the number of bloom stalks on my irises and has also increased the percentage of irises that bloom the first season after transplanting.

I don't use the timed release granules (14-14-14) except at time of transplanting and then I incorporate the granules very sparingly. If available, I prefer to use the timed release tomato fertilizer granules (also sparingly) as these have less nitrogen and more micronutrients.