Re: CULT: Miracle Gro & germination notes

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Miracle Gro & germination notes
  • From: autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:07:45 -0400

I guess my main question is . . . how do you reduce or regulate strength?? Using soaker hoses as I've done in the past, I've put the container inline.? Since you are doing foliar watering, I'm guessing you don't use soaker hoses??

I spray half-strength in spring, quarter strength about
once a month afterwards, until mid-August.

I've been using MG water soluble since I moved out here, but even more in the last couple of years.? Recently, an iris friend insisted that MG was terrible for irises.? Then, I remembered I'd read that it was?bad for irises?back in 1980's.? Thought I'd ask others.?

When I can get it, I use Peter's Professional bloom booster 10-50-10 with micro-nutrients.?

Much as I hate to do it, I have to go back to hand watering and sprinkler watering/feeding.? At least for now.?

You've moved 587 seedlings outside and then have to move them back indoors?? How many pots?? That sounds like some serious time.?

Hope this goes through.?

Betty W.?