Re: HYB: TB: yellow patterns?

  • Subject: Re: HYB: TB: yellow patterns?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:24:31 -0500

I didn't mean that - I meant keeping the "variegata spot" area (or in this case it's not anthocyanin as in the variegata spot, it would be yellow), but adding a yellow rim to it. So beard and spot would be yellow, rim yellow, with wide white "band" in between. I wouldn't mind a white stripe from the beard, splitting the pumilla type yellow spot. In a TB.

PEACH SPOT has part of the pattern, but not the outer rim of pigment. Plus, as I recall, it has some anthocyanin in the spot?

Griff, would you post the photo you sent me of the MDB seedling you sent that has the pattern I'm looking for? I deleted it. It is close, tho I'd like to find something with a wider yellow rim.

<I don't think such a pattern can exist. This pattern involves exclusion of cartenoid pigment from "variagata spot" area, so the pigment would not be present at end of beard.>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8