RE: HYB: TB: yellow patterns?

  • Subject: RE: HYB: TB: yellow patterns?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:17:15 -0500

I got totally confused after your post about pumila spot genetics, Chuck.

I was asking about <yellow> (i.e., oil soluble) pigment patterns, not blue.

Isn't pumila spot an <anthocyanin> spot? From the little I found in The World of Iris, it says anthocyanin.

Or is it somehow carried along as both anthocyanin <plus> yellow pigments in the same spot from pumila?

Or is the yellow in pumila some kind of wierd yellow looking anthocyanin?

Or is the yellow "spot" seen in SDBs actually from TBs and has nothing to do with pumila spot?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8