Re: CULT: weather

  • Subject: Re: CULT: weather
  • From: Jeffrey Walters <jeffwiris@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:52:44 -0700 (PDT)

Linda,

I hope that the direst predictions will not come true for you. When I got outside this evening to take a look around my garden after four straight days of rain I discovered a number of stalks emerging - FURIOSO (IB; B. Blyth, 1997) had buds opening (one almost fully open) on two stalks, and it is not just Medians, as a quick look around revealed several TBs with stalks already up 8-10". The predicted overnight low here is 39 - hope that is not too optimistic.

Jeff Walters
in upstate South Carolina
(USDA Zone 7b)