Re: CULT: weather

  • Subject: Re: CULT: weather
  • From: Jeffrey Walters <jeffwiris@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:00:19 -0700 (PDT)

Well, the temperature did not drop below the predicted level of the upper 30's here last night, and two (abnormally short) stalks of FURIOSO opened their (normal size) first blooms today. I attribute the short stalks to the unusually warm temperatures experienced here during the second week of this month (it reached 80 degrees F on two days, and was at least in the upper 60's for six consecutive days), which was followed by two weeks of much cooler weather. This has affected not only other medians, but several TB's which have stalks emerging from the fans.

Jeff Walters
in upstate South Carolina
(USDA Zone 7b)