Re: Spring Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: Spring Seedlings
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:25:38 +0200

That's wonderful news Rose!

I'm very happy the seeds are sprouting well!

I'm thrilled also that you will already have some in bloom from the former
year! Can't wait to see them, even if they are dogs, it's wonderful to have
results already, here everything is slower with the longer winter. But i'm
sure they won't be dogs! I think there will be some amazing space-agers among
the lot!

Here heavy frost has been non stop, night and day, for more than a month, so
the seeds are very late: not one is out!
i start to see things in the 2007 pots, that i have kept because the
germination was so bad last year, and because Betty said it was worth it. I
recon it is!

i have 7 babies in the pot (Cerf-Volant X Jelly Belly), a re-SDB from Sutton.
I definitely want to see good SA-IB, it might be in this pot!!!

It's quite frustrating to have to wait for so long between seasons to have a
chance to see them bloom, but the pleasure is in the anticipation anyway, the
'climax' of actually seeing the bloom is almost an anti climax, the wait has
been so long, and now it's bloomed, there's nothing more.
But nothing can beat an isarian...because we want to know if it will be
fertile, so we grab the tweezers, and hope starts again :  whom am i going to
pair this one with....?

Thanks for the great news, you've made my day!

looc