Re:proposed AIS Awards Ballot

  • Subject: Re:proposed AIS Awards Ballot
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:08:26 -0500

Loic, Chuck, this is where we were when this forum started in 1996.

Lots of discussion, nothing has changed, <except> I've gotten better at guessing which irises will do well here, & I think breeders in incompatible climates have gotten a little better at selecting irises that will live here with some protection from erratic freezes. Seems like there are more leaf spot resistant cultivars around now.

Loic, I'm sorry you've had to go through this disappointment - I know how hard it is to be so in love with such a beautiful flower, see the pictures and know you just can't keep it alive in your growing conditions.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8