Re: HYB: Hardy Pinks

	Hardiness is not the problem with pinks here.  Just getting them to
grow and bloom properly is the problem.

     Several years ago Cooley's had a collection of a dozen pinks,
and I bought that collection in an attempt to find some pinks,
particularly from the west coast, that would do well.  The collection
included a variety of shades and ages, nothing really new.  I had not
grown any of the ones in the collection before and was just searching
for some I might use as breeders.  Two rather unsung ones have really
performed.  HER KINGDOM  was my favorite and ELSIEMAE NICHOLSON was a
close runner up.  Have these been tested for hardiness in Canada?

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8