Re: New TB Iris farm in S. Colorado

Wecome, Pat - I'm always happy to "meet" people from Colorado since my
husband was from there - but since you mentioned N.Mex. I guess you are not
originally from Colo.  He grew up in the Wet Mt. Valley in Silver Cliff which
in the late 19th century was the 3rd largest city in Colo. and almost became
the capital.Westcliffe is the county seat of Custer Co.  It is now one of the
ghost mining towns, and any farming there is "dry farming"  I guess you get
enough rainfall - altho, as I remember suffering the heat   as we drove thru
Pueblo to go up into the mountains, it is pretty hot in that area.  Colorado
is a beautiful State. I'm from the East (Lived near Phila., but my mother was
from N>C> and we spent part of the summer each year at my grandfather's
"plantation" as I loved to call  his many acres when a child.  Did you attend
the "national" held there a few years back?  My husband had 2 "Pats" in his
dept. at the university and we called them "Pat-male" and "Pat-female") to
distinguish which we were calling!  Which are you?  I will be glad to send
you the two stamps for your list!  Rosalie nr Baltimore  zone 7 (what zone
are you -- that is important to put in your email address)   ryfigge@aol.com