RE:HYB:Hardy Pinks

On 2 Dec 00, at 21:12, Francelle Edwards wrote:

> Has anyone grown Anna Belle Babson and tried to use it as a parent?  It
> has a deep coral pink similar to its parent, Beverly Sills, but for me it
> has been a much better grower, vigorous and healthy.  Francelle Edwards
> Glendale, AZ, zone 9 where winter came two weeks ago and left already.

	Of all of the pinks mentioned in this thread, AB has been the
poorest here.  I tried it twice.  It would arrive as a strong rhizome
with good increase but then after being stuck in my soil would
dwindle into something like an MDB and disappear over winter.  I have
seen only pictures of its bloom.

     Walter Moores
     Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8