Re: Subject: HYB: color/paint chips

These names have numbers associated with them (see my earlier posts) -
do those numbers change too?  I wasn't wanting to use the names
associated with the numbers (tho somebody suggested those might be a
source of names for new intros).  My thought was to be able to send an
email to somebody describing a color and have them be able to go look at
a chip so they would know what I was talking about without having to go
spend a fortune on the RHS chips.  For example, my orange seedling
(going from memory, which seems to work less and less well on a daily
basis!) is somewhere between the free (can't beat that for cost!) Ace
hardware paint chips Tequila Sunrise (5B) and Orange Beach (5C).  The
5's are midway between yellow (1A) and red (10A), so that makes it a
medium orange.  A is the most intensely colored, G the lightest.

> Hate to burst your bubble Linda, but one problem with using the names
              > on paint chips is that the paint companies change the
names after a couple
              > of years. . .
              > Warm regards,             >
              > BillSmoot - awaiting snow in Portsmouth

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8 with 4-6 inches of snow melting
Is that Portsmouth England <g>?