Re: RE: INDIAN CHIEF

No error in ID: it's definitely INDIAN CHIEF (in 1999 I brought a
bloom stalk to Mary Hess at Bluebird Haven Iris Gardens, and she
identified it as IC, and we held it next to her stands of blooming
IC, they were identical; it is identical to the IC I got from Roger
Nelson's Iris Country; and it matches all the photos I've seen, in
old catalogs, the HIPS website, etc.).

That's why I posted, since I've never seen it rebloom before.  It's
not just my pots of it, 2 neighbors have IC that I gave them, and
theirs have gone into bloom in the last several days; one other
neighbor has a bloomstalk up.

Last year WAS a notably terrible bloom year in this area; I don't
know whether rebloom is more common after a no bloom year.  Any of you
more experienced iris people know?

Anyhow there's 3 blooms on the first stalk, and 3 more stalks close
to blooming.

In the several weeks before the stalks came up, we did have
very-cold-for-here weather.

I also have a bloom on an UNKNOWN: stalk a bit taller than IC,
branching looks identical, flower is table iris size, looks like a
darker, smaller version of INDIAN CHIEF.  I've taken some pictures,
I'll try to figure out how to put them on iris-photos (new to me!).

Gesine (in zone 9)

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/975917569/