Re: RE:HYB:Hardy Pinks

> From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@netscape.net>
> Anna Belle Babson does better then Beverly Sills but not as well as
Vanity. In
> Canada Vanity is considered to be much hardier then Beverly Sills
> and is more popular. I have hear from Saskchewan, which is colder then
> Ontario, and there Beverly Sills does well. SK does have good snow cover
> is not the case here in Southern Ontario.

I have had reasonable success with BEVERLY SILLS, having grown it
continuously without having to replace it for 17 years, though it does not
equal either ANNA BELLE BABSON or VANITY in vigor. However, during the past
two relatively mild and open winters, when we have not enjoyed our usual
reliable snow cover, BS has suffered considerably, and did not even bloom
on an established clump this past spring.

eGroups eLerts