OT-BIO: Ken and Christie Pierson

Hello everyone,
We live in the mountains of southern california above San Diego at about 5,100 . We have already had an early snow fall which hasn't really effected our rebloomers too much.We still have Pure as Gold ,Mariposa Skies,G'Day Mate, Feedback, Amythest Winter, ( WE have 6 Guest Irises Hybridized by Richard Richards all but one are in bloom! Watch for his intros.)Autumn Bugler,(5 months)Violet Turner, Rose Teal (very fragrant) and the SDB's Bee Mused and Plum wine. They sure have less faults in the fall and winter don't they!!!
We are in zone 9 and seem to be able to grow most irises . The Medians do very well here do to the cold. We do have to put up with deer tromping on seedlings and wild turkeys digging them up .We had a nice surprise when we came home from the fall meeting in Tucson,one of our seedlings had a bloom stalk on it . This seedling was transplanted in June -00 and bloomed 5 months later!! We are very excited about this.
Someone wanted to know about a marking pen that doesn't fade for marking your labels. we use a "DecoColor opaque paint marker"by Uchida. We bought these at Michael's craft store but I have seen them at office supply stores too. If you need to change the name on your label , sand it off with an elecric sander or spray the label a few times with silver spray paint.
 Ken and Christie