Re: New to Iris-Talk

Bill Shear said:

> I think you meant to include I. wattii in this group, not milesii, which is
> quite hardy, and related to tectorum, not japonica and confusa.  There is
> evidently an unnamed species in this group informally called I. "nova",
> seed of which was distributed by SIGNA last year, and of which I should
> have blooming plants this spring.  It appears to be a "cane-type" plant,
> like I. wattii.  Checking the BIS species guide, it seems there are plans
> to call the new species Iris wittii.  Wittii, wattii, it's all pretty
> confusa.

Bill,

You are quite correct!  I am a little confusa'd!  Pls, be sure to share a
photo of "nova" with us!

--
Rodney Barton
rbarton@hsc.unt.edu

North Central Texas USA
AIS, SIGNA, SLI and SPCNI
USDA Zone 7/8
AHS heat zone 8
Annual rainfall 32 in.
Mean annual temp 65 deg.
Mean length of frost free period 230 days

North American Native Iris web site:
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html

odney

eLerts