Re: CULT: planting in pots

In a message dated 12/5/00 12:19:33 PM Mountain Standard Time,
patriciabrooks@coupeville.net writes:

<<
 Many of you have mentioned planting your more valuable iris in pots
 when they first arrive.  That seems logical to move to sun when it
 shifts or shelter from winds.  But doesn't that expose the plant more
 to the weather in winter since the roots are closer to a surface? >>

I have done this because most orders arrive before optimal planting season.
This allows them to develop good root systems instead of just drying up in
storage and they hardly notice the transition when they are moved from pots
to beds at the appropriate time in our fleeting fall.

Sharon McAllister

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/976052891/