Re: CULT: planting in pots

A lot of iris growers this year planted their irises in pots because we were in a drought. The moisture came after the weather turn cold. The ground was like cement. We good not plant the irises in the beds.

Jim Clark in Mo. zone 5
-----Original Message-----
From: patriciabrooks@coupeville.net <patriciabrooks@coupeville.net>
To: iris-talk@egroups.com <iris-talk@egroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 1:48 PM
Subject: [iris-talk] CULT: planting in pots

Many of you have mentioned planting your more valuable iris in pots
when they first arrive.  That seems logical to move to sun when it
shifts or shelter from winds.  But doesn't that expose the plant more
to the weather in winter since the roots are closer to a surface?

Patricia Brooks
zone 8

eGroups Sponsor

eGroups eLerts