Re: Zones and Temps

On December  6, 2000 08:54 am, you wrote:

> SUNSET  zones are for sunshine?  Help, someone!  I find weather an
> interesting subject -- in my reincarnation I think I'll be a weatherman!

	I think the zones maps are a broad sweeping guide at best. I'm supposedly
zone 6a [Cdn] but if you look at the map I can walk to zone 6b in about 10
minutes. Walking slowly-) Then you take into account local differences and it
gets even more confusing. There are wind swept areas in that zone 6b but
sheltered areas near me. Places next to warm buildings etc etc.

	Someplace I saw a list of plants. Basically if you can grow a plant on the
list you are in that zone. If I can find the list I'll post the link. It
makes more sense to me then the map.  Knowing that a neighbour is able to
grow a plant without heroic efforts just seems easier then trying to
understand those maps.

Nick

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/976119431/