Re: CULT: planting in pots

Pat, I plant my early arrivals in pots in the summer when it's too hot to plant in the garden.  Then I keep them in the shade of a tree.  When nights get cool, about the first of October, I plant them in the ground.
Francelle  Zone 9
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: patriciabrooks@coupeville.net
  To: iris-talk@egroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 12:18 PM
  Subject: [iris-talk] CULT: planting in pots

  Iris-talkers,

  Many of you have mentioned planting your more valuable iris in pots
  when they first arrive.  That seems logical to move to sun when it
  shifts or shelter from winds.  But doesn't that expose the plant more
  to the weather in winter since the roots are closer to a surface?

  Patricia Brooks
  zone 8

        eGroups Sponsor

eGroups eLerts