Re: HYB:Large flowered TBs

Supreme Sultan's blooms are just normal here, its clumps less than normal.  My largest iris blossoms are on Jurassic Park, 9 inches across, and it is a rebloomer here.  It should do better in a cold climate, since it has heat problems.  I won't even try its parent, Best Bet.
Francelle Edwards, Glendale, AZ   zone 9
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christopher Darlington
  To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 7:19 PM
  Subject: [iris-talk] HYB:Large flowered TBs

  Hi Talkers ,

  Last year we discussed some freakish irises under a subject line that
  escapes me now.  One of the cultivars mentioned was an abnormally huge
  pink TB called GIANT ROSE that was flowers so large ( 11 or 12 inches)
  that she's almost guaranteed to fall over.

  My question is:  Are there other TBs out there that  would fall into
  this class or are a little smaller ?  Any suggestions would be welcome
  because written catalogue descriptions offer little information.

  I'm looking through catalogues now and like to order a few of the more
  gardenable larger ones for use in a future breeding program.

  Thanks in advance to any on or off line tips

  Chris Darlington
  Blainville , Quebec
  lots of snow today

        eGroups Sponsor