RE: REF: Sunset Zones.

Good point, Mark.

The Sunset Western Garden Book is a bible out here.  It discourages use of
the USDA zones for the reasons mentioned.  Unfortunately, it doesn't list a
cross-reference as the Sunset zones may approximate subsets of the USDA
zones for those who prefer the simpler but less precise USDA system.

John Reeds, in sunny southern California (I believe Sunset zone 23?)
jreeds@microsensors.com

	Gerrysnyder@mediaone.net writes:

> << Sunset zones try to take into account all agriculturally important
>  aspects of climate, including winter lows, summer highs, humidity, etc.
>  Therefore the zone numbers are not in any nice linear pattern like the
> USDA
> zones. >>
>
> Gerry and Rosalie,
>        I have a copy of The Sunset National Garden Book, and have found it
> be the most accurate of modern gardening works.  It takes into account
> that
> there are major differences between, for example, Zone 8b Florida and Zone
> 8b
> California.
>
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida.         [Low 23 F, High 66 F]

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/976146742/