Re: REF: Sunset Zones.

In a message dated 12/7/00 11:20:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jreeds@microsensors.com writes:

<< I don't know the definition of 8b, but generally California is dry, Florida
 is godawfulhumid and rains a lot more; and the day/night temperature swings
 are also much larger in California. >>

      Where in Florida did you live?  I am about 20 miles southwest of Ocala,
in an area of low rolling hills.
     As for the definition of Zone 8b, that means the average "coldest"
temperature each winter will be in the range of 15 F - 20 F.  In the humid
summer, the range between day and night temperature here is usually around 20
- 25 Degrees.  In the rest of the year, especially from late fall through mid
spring, the temperature range between day and night is usually 30 - 35
Degrees.  40 Degree differences are fairly common, and on occasion, I have
seen 50 and even 55 Degree differentials. During this time, relative humidity
can be as low as 2%.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.