turkeys ,rebloomers

Hello All,
In reply to Rosalie concerning the turkeys, I haven't seen them open their feathers like the ones in pictures. Haven't seen them lately, maybe they are laying low due to the holidays!
Thankyou so much for the info about the reblooming checklist, I will send for it tomorrow . Do you still grow the once blooming irises? We love them all but it's so nice to go outside everyday and see an iris in bloom! The weather this year (CA ,San Diego) has been wonderful. It's about 70 degrees every day. (for the last 3 weeks or so.) We had to force ourselves out of the garden and into the shopping malls for Christmas shopping . I'm ahead now and get to spend the next few days outside!!! Hurray! We have our Society Christmas party this weekend and it will be nice to see everyone and talk "iris" some more.Speaking of talking , I really appreciate each person writing here, I would get so frustrated having to wait for meetings to talk about irises!!
For the hybridizers out there, we have a new seedling that seems to be a reverse plicata-amoena. The standards are white ground dotted and speckled blue,falls are white ,no haft marks. Very upright closed standards hide solid blue stylecrest. We looked in our catalogs and noticed most plicatas had their markings on the falls or all around the flower ,not just on the top. Is this something new? One can only hope!
Thanks again for all the talk
Christie Pierson, CA, zone 7(sunset book zone 3)

eGroups eLerts