From: Christie Pierson [mailto:kenl12@abac.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 10:15 PM
To: iris list -talk
Subject: [iris-talk] turkeys ,rebloomers

Hello All,
feathers like the ones in pictures. Haven't seen them lately, maybe they are
laying low due to the holidays!
Thankyou so much for the info about the reblooming checklist, I will send
for it tomorrow . Do you still grow the once blooming irises? We love them
all but it's so nice to go outside everyday and see an iris in bloom! The
weather this year (CA ,San Diego) has been wonderful. It's about 70 degrees
every day. (for the last 3 weeks or so.) We had to force ourselves out of
the garden and into the shopping malls for Christmas shopping . I'm ahead
now and get to spend the next few days outside!!! Hurray! We have our
Society Christmas party this weekend and it will be nice to see everyone and
talk "iris" some more.Speaking of talking , I really appreciate each person
writing here, I would get so frustrated having to wait for meetings to talk
about irises!!
For the hybridizers out there, we have a new seedling that seems to be a
reverse plicata-amoena. The standards are white ground dotted and speckled
blue,falls are white ,no haft marks. Very upright closed standards hide
solid blue stylecrest. We looked in our catalogs and noticed most plicatas
had their markings on the falls or all around the flower ,not just on the
top. Is this something new? One can only hope!
Thanks again for all the talk
Christie Pierson, CA, zone 7(sunset book zone 3)

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/976274064/