Re:Reverse plicaata

--- In iris-talk@egroups.com, "Christie Pierson" <kenl12@a...> wrote:

> For the hybridizers out there, we have a new seedling that seems to
be a reverse plicata-amoena. The standards are white ground dotted and
speckled blue,falls are white ,no haft marks. Very upright closed
standards hide solid blue stylecrest. We looked in our catalogs and
noticed most plicatas had their markings on the falls or all around
the flower ,not just on the top. Is this something new? One can only
hope!
> Thanks again for all the talk
> Christie Pierson, CA, zone 7(sunset book zone 3)

I havn't heard of or seen anything like this. It does sound very new.
At this time I have an intergated theory of plicata paterns and would
be interested in knowing the parentage and number and type of others
in the cross, to the best of your knowledge. I have had some with a
lot of markings of standards and almost none on falls but none like
this.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/976277814/