Re: Cult: enhanced germination

Donald ,

How long did you your enhanced germination experiment last ?  I found
that most  of my seeds didn't germinate before 120 days but I didn't
remove them from the fridge frequently as you did.  Don't give up until
you see what percentage of your seeds finally sprout.  You
might be surprised.

I'm about to start soaking my seeds as soon as I find a suitable way to
keep my crosses from getting mixed up.

Chris in Blainville Quebec (-22C at 5:00 AM when I left for work  this
morning)

Donald Eaves wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Well, this weekend I'm ending the effort at enhanced germination.  This was
> not a great success for me.  Which isn't to say I won't try it again.  There
> is
> always something to learn and sometimes the methods used have to be
> adjusted 'til one gets it right.  Next time, though, I will use some seeds
> that
> I'm confident would be likely to sprout under my usual method so I can have
> something to compare to those of more doubtful quality.  In any case, the
> remaining seeds will get planted in pots and left outside 'til next spring
> in case
> some decide to go ahead and sprout.  Those left haven't rotted and look
> okay,
> so I've nothing to lose.   And I do have that first little OGB arilbred
> growing and
> a couple of ineligibles growing, though these last look pretty fragile.  At
> least
> I won't be moving the tray in and out of the refrigerator every day!
>
> Donald Eaves
> donald@eastland.net
> Texas Zone 7, USA - who had list messages bouncing back to egroups
> so am wondering if this post will appear or if resetting with egroups has
> cured the problem.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/976323209/