parentage of reverse plic

The parentage of our plicata seedling is" Instructor " , Innerst -'86 ., medium yellow with blue plicata edges x" Clarence", Zurbrigg-'91(one of the Wister medal winners ths year) light blended blue over darker blue with a whit area around white beard. We have about 16 sibs , none of the others has bloomed yet . This was the one that bloomed first year from seed! It has it's pod parents very purple based foliage,but the plic portion jumped up to the standards only. It has it's pollen parents nice white beard which adds to the all white affect of the falls. It does not have the Ghio ruffles but it does have some ruffles and nice wide falls. Now for the reality check...... We brought this iris in the house because it was beginning to snow, and forced it to open in the house. What if it's a whole new ball game in the spring , opening naturally in the sunshine????  haft marks , plic  everywhere , not new or different  . It's fun to dream anyway and will let everyone know what happens!!
What do you mean by saying an iris is one cross away from ruffles? Which do you use to ensure ruffles?

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/976335501/