Re: Cult: enhanced germination

>How long did you your enhanced germination experiment last ?

Started the seeds on June 25.  The 'spring' portion ran longer because
I didn't know where to go from there.  I ended up putting them through
another 4 week 'winter' cycle, but only three more seeds from one cross

>Don't give up until
>you see what percentage of your seeds finally sprout.  You
>might be surprised.

Not giving up.   The seeds may never sprout, but they didn't rot and still
look good.  So I put them in pots and will leave them outside to see if
any will sprout next spring along with the others.  Most of my seed pods
were handled this way.

>I'm about to start soaking my seeds as soon as I find a suitable way to
>keep my crosses from getting mixed up.

I've rather liked the stocking idea given on this list.  I can run a whole
of pods up the leg separated by knots.  I keep a list starting at the toe
identifying each cross.  And I really do use the toilet tank.  Sure does
the water changed.  I had some pretty good germination percentages on
some pods last year.  But I may not be dealing with the number of pods
you have either (I'm recalling a post by Walter when he commented on
the number of pods he was watching grow last summer).