Re: turkeys

Cliff, your answer about turkeys was most revealing! Thank you so much - I
like to learn about things other than just irises!  Do you raise turkeys?
Christie in CA said they could never eat those that walked in their garden.
I'm afraid I'm not THAT sentimental -- after all I ate the fried chidken my
grandmother's cook  fixed -- and as a child I fed those whenever I visited.
And I would sure like to have a chance to eat - or some way of disposing or
spiritiing away the squirrels that dig around or up my irises!  I'm not sure
I have ever seen wild turkeys - aren't they smaller, slimmer than the
domestic?   Do they co-habit - hybridize themselves?  Thanks again -- Rosalie
nr Baltimore, USA  zone 7  ryfigge@aol.com

eGroups eLerts