RE:AIS Guest Iris

When I was privileged to be chosen as a host garden for the '94
convention there was provided to me (and the other host gardens) a "Code
of Ethics" to which we had to agree prior to being approved. This code
was provided by the AIS and it is nothing more than common sense and
common courtesy.

1. All guest rhizomes and their increase shall remain the property of
the contributor or hybridizer. After the convention all  will be
returned or disposed of according to the wishes of the contributor or
hybridizer. None will be distributed, traded or sold.

2. Using pollen or setting seed on a guest iris will not be permitted.

3. Owners of tour gardens growing guest irises shall not be held
responsible for losses beyond their control, such as losses due to bad
weather, pests, or vandalism.

4. All guest irises will be planted at least two feet apart in
well-tended beds.

5. No consideration will be given any rhizome that is sent directly to
any garden.

6. Tour garden owners and the Guest Iris Committee will be guided at all
times by the wishes of the contributor of guest irises.

7. Guidelines from the office of the National Convention Liaison
Chairman shall be consulted.

Dave Silverberg
Molalla, Oregon, USA , zone 7/8ish