Re: HYB: color/paint chips

Linda Mann wrote:

> ....  [which to my eye under fluorescent lights ...].

Just as a test, could you repeat the comparison under
a) incandescent, b) sun, and c) reflected sky light?

Each color will give a very different impression,
but the comparison may still hold (or may not).

Fluorescents are generally considered to be horrible
for color analyses, since the spectral distribution
is so unlike other light sources (including lotsa ultra-violet).

> Hope that was mildly interesting to somebody other than me....

Definitely.

Gerry, very glad to have got the RHS charts when AIS still supplied them
at a semi-reasonable price
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/976454207/