RE:HTB:Reverse amoena plicata

Christie Pierson reported a plicata with pure white falls from a cross of
Instructor X Clarence. Clarence is a luminata (from all appearences) with pale
standards. Instructor is a yellow ground plicata with paler standards. I would
expect plicatas from this cross with all offspring showing plicata markings.
There could be some hidden luminata or glaciata genes in Instructor although I
would suspect not. If so then there could be some fancy plicata from the
offspring. I would expect a number of the offspring to be amoena plicatas as
both parents have paler standards. Judging by some of the other stuff from
Innerst , that probably have some of the same offspring, I would suspect that
Instructor carries the genes for reverse blue amoena. Thus either you have a
mutation or have combined the reverse amoena genes from both sides.
Clarence has unknown parentage but I, and others  have suspected it to be a
Some of the other offspring could have yellow ground standards and white
ground falls. Let us know when they bloom. Very interesting.
Its not likely that frost/cold contributed to this colour. It usually enhances
the distribution of the violet rather then reduce it.