Re: HYB: color/paint chips

----------
> From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
> To: iris-talk@egroups.com
> Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HYB: color/paint chips
> Date: Sunday, December 10, 2000 6:06 AM
>
> Linda Mann wrote:
> >
> > ....  [which to my eye under fluorescent lights ...].
>
> Just as a test, could you repeat the comparison under
> a) incandescent, b) sun, and c) reflected sky light?
>
> Each color will give a very different impression,
> but the comparison may still hold (or may not).
>
> Fluorescents are generally considered to be horrible
> for color analyses, since the spectral distribution
> is so unlike other light sources (including lotsa ultra-violet).

I am a printer by trade and we use Fluorescent lighting. But our products
are displayed in retail stores that have fluorescent lighting.

Type of lighting can make a great difference. So can matching two different
mediums, Live iris blooms and color chips. For example two different
materials in clothing. It take talent and experience to match colors.

> > Hope that was mildly interesting to somebody other than me....
>
> Definitely.
>
> Gerry, very glad to have got the RHS charts when AIS still supplied them
> at a semi-reasonable price
> --
> mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
> Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
> Member San Fernando Valley, Southern California Iris Societies
> in warm, winterless Los Angeles
> my work: helping generate data for: http://galileo.jpl.nasa.gov/

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/976481806/