HIST: Eric Nies irises

  • To: <pgipe@igc.org>
  • Subject: HIST: Eric Nies irises
  • From: "Greg McCullough" <icity@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:46:45 -0600

Hi Nancy...how interesting...your grandfather and Macey's grandfather were
contemporaries and surely knew each other. I would like to help you locate
these iris but the only one in my database, GOLDEN FAIRY, you already have.
However, as you can see from the TO field, I'm sending this to a very active
and informed group on the internet. I'm sure some of the participants will
be able to help you. I would also refer you to www.irises.org  for other
commercial sources of historic iris and particularly to the Historical Iris
Preservation Society at
http://www.worldiris.com/public_html/level1/TOC.html. HIPS was very helpful
several years ago when Macey and I were trying to locate her grandfathers
iris.  Sorry I'm not more help.

Greg McCullough
Iris City Gardens
Primm Springs, Tennessee, USA