Re: CULT: How I plan to grow Japanese Irises in hot Texas

OK, I really want to grow Japanese Irises, but live in the terrible summer heat
near Dallas TX.  So, after hearing all your ideas about growing them, here is my
plan (and I DO welcome constructive criticism).

I will plant them in 3 gallon nursery plastic pots using a 50-50 mix of acidic
planting soil and compost.
I will leave about 3 inches from the soil level to the top of the pots.
I'll then bury the pots so the top is at ground level.
The pots will be buried near an outside faucet that I pass by each morning and
I'll fill the pots with as much water as they can hold each morning and evening.

Do ya'll think this will work?  Will I still need to put up a sun screen over

Tom Greaves near Dallas, TX zone 7