RE: TB: SOCIETY PAGE

Haven't seen it or a picture, but I love Vernon Woods' pinks (particularly
VALENTINE'S DAY), and have at times been impressed with Hager's IN PERSON.
Both have fine bud count, and IN PERSON has particularly great branching.
Both are good growers (unusual for pinks), although IN PERSON may prefer to
be moved every 3 years or so.  V. D. has a beautiful clean pink color, I. P.
is creamier.

John Reeds
jreeds@microsensors.com

> Does anyone have a photo -- hard-copy or digital -- of Joe Ghio's
> SOCIETY PAGE?  It has been highly recommended to me as a pink TB to
> serve as one of the bases of my hybridizing plan -- a true pink with
> excellent form, branching, bud count, etc.  But it's a '99 intro,
> listed by Riverside as $25 -- a small fortune to me.  So I'd really
> feel happier about writing the check if I could see a photo of the
> li'l ol' cultivar.
> Patricia Brooks
> Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8

eGroups eLerts