RE:HYB: plicata genetics part#1 (SDB)

As I had mentioned, I would post information as I figured it out. I have found
that if you assume that glaciata pla, luminata plu genes are alleles of
plicata "pl", and occupy the same gene site that you could explain all the
plicata patterns. What was blindsiding me was the wrong assumption that the
lumina was four sets of "plu" eg "plu plu plu plu". In actuality it is two
sets of luminata paired with two genes of glaciata. Thus a luminata is
actually "pla pla plu plu". Once this is clear then the rest of things fall
into place. Along the way I have found some intersting and unexpected
information. I have been checking my own breeding information as well as
checking out ancestry and offspring results to confirm what I had been seeing.
This is also what enabled me to start making sense out of the "Yellow  ring"
factor which I have been looking at with my seedlings for the past two years
but have not been able to understand.
The SDB plicatas are quite interesting. They seem to perform like diploids in
regard to plicata factors. SDB are actually originated from pumilla X TB
crosses and have two sets of genes from the pumilla and two sets from TB. Thus
the have 8/8/12/12  as a way of representing that they have two sets of 8
genes from pumilla and two sets of  12 genes from talls. The SDB act as
amphidiploids, which means the the four sets of genes don't act independently,
but in pairs. Thus during breeding you will always get one of the pumilla gene
and one of the TB gene "8/12",. Thus a SDB X SDB will result in an SDB. If the
genes operated independly you would get pumillas, as well as TBs from these
crosses. This is important as the only plicata genes you have on the pumilla,
8 gene set , is the non plicata Pl and the glaciata gene pla. Thus to get a
plicata SDB you would always(exceptions later, first the rule, then the
exception) have two pla pla (glaciata) genes on the two 8 gene sets from the
pumilla agenes. Thus all patterns seen in SDB would always be "? ? pla pla".
Thus they act as diploids as the only genetic variation is on the two sets of
12 genes from the TB. Understanding this then made it clear that SDB luminatas
are "plu plu pla pla". the next problem then is,  what are 'plu plu plu pla",
and what are  "plu plu plu plu" in appearence ?

I'll leave this here for now. It gave me a few headaches, and many late nights
to absorb and make sense of this information. Please feel free to comment and
ask questions.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/976800058/